Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) For Traumatic Injury
Trauma patients suffer grave or life-threatening injuries resulting from events like motor vehicle accidents, bullet wounds or falls. Traumatic injuries can damage any part of the body, including the arms, legs, head, brain and other internal organs. They can occur from a single incident or from repeated traumas, such as those contact sport athletes endure. One such tragic case was boxer Muhammad Ali, who sustained repeated blows to the head over his 22-year long career. Doctors still disagree as to whether that trauma also caused the Parkinsons disease that eventually killed him.
Depending on where the trauma is located, brain injuries can result in losing memory and cognitive skills. Clearly, trauma can have impacts far beyond physical injury – both for trauma victims and their families.
Although most traumatic injuries result in visible wounds, such as bleeding, bruising, swelling and even deformities, injuries can also have no outwardly visible evidence. Many military service members get injured from improvised explosive devices (IEDs), but have no external wounds. That’s because their body’s soft tissues respond to the shock at a different rate than their hard tissues, for example, when the brain collides with the skull bone. Sadly, these injuries often go unnoticed or unreported until swelling in the brain begins to impact thought, emotions and memory processes.
Dr. Allan Spiegel pioneered the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to relieve the pain of our brave returning US military members, and if you have experienced a traumatic injury, he would be pleased to help you heal, too.
If you’d like to learn how our HBOT program could reduce or even end your traumatic injury pain, please call 727-787-7077 today. Or to schedule a consultation with neurologist Dr. Allan Spiegel, simply click here to select a day and time. A helpful staff member will confirm your appointment soon.
- Extending the Power of HBOT to Wounded Warriors
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Successfully Treating RSD Without Drugs Or Needles
- Healing Traumatic Brain Injuries with HBOT
- How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Naturally Helps The Healing Process
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments and Sudden Deafness
- Treating Age-Related Macular Degeneration In A Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
- What Happens When Wounds Don’t Heal Right?
- Reducing RSD Pain with HBOT Therapy
- HBOT for Hard-to-Heal Diabetic Wounds
- Searching For A Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Treatment Center Near You?