Neurological disorders often cause disabling and permanent disabilities. Now hyperbaric oxygen therapy is providing hope and healing to thousands of those who are afflicted with Lyme disease, migraines, multiple sclerosis, peripheral nerve disease, RSD, cerebral palsy and strokes.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), stroke is the number one cause of serious, long-term disabilities. Sometimes called a cerebrovascular accident (CVA), a stroke happens when a person’s blood vessel ruptures or normal blood flow to their brain gets suddenly cut off. In the United States, nearly 800,000 people suffer a stroke each year, and one person will die from a stroke every four minutes. The CDC estimates that strokes cost the U.S. $34 billion annually, counting the cost of health care services, medication, and lost job productivity.
In order to function well, the brain needs a constant flow of oxygen and nutrients that the blood stream delivers. When strokes occur, brain tissues can sustain serious damage that may hinder or even prevent the brain from performing certain functions that it used to perform automatically. It can take months or years of therapy for patients to regain these functions – if, indeed, they ever will.
HBOT therapy cannot help all stroke patients, but it does offer significant healing to many.
Over the past 17 years, neurologist Allan M. Spiegel, M.D., has successfully treated many patients suffering with neurological disorders. To schedule a personalized assessment and learn whether HBOT could be right for you, simply click here. Or call our office today at 727-787-7077.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Successfully Treating RSD Without Drugs Or Needles
- Healing Traumatic Brain Injuries with HBOT
- How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Naturally Helps The Healing Process
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments and Sudden Deafness
- Treating Age-Related Macular Degeneration In A Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
- What Happens When Wounds Don’t Heal Right?
- Reducing RSD Pain with HBOT Therapy
- HBOT for Hard-to-Heal Diabetic Wounds
- Searching For A Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Treatment Center Near You?
- Improving Chronic Lyme Disease Symptoms with HBOT