Migraine headache pain is debilitating. Sufferers may feel nauseous or even vomit. They can also see auras, feel intensely sensitive to light and sound, or even feel like their fingers and toes are freezing. These classic pain symptoms can send migraine victims to bed for hours or days at a time. They find it virtually impossible to complete routine tasks or go to work. And their headaches recur on a regular basis!
Most migraines are vascular headaches that are caused by dilation of the blood vessels within the brain. Around 20 percent of migraines can indicate very serious medical conditions, including the potential for paralyzed eye muscles. Clearly, it’s crucial to seek out expert medical advice if you get migraine headaches regularly. Please do not wait!
Advanced Diagnostic Testing:
Here at the National Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Center we use state-of-the-art diagnostic testing equipment that includes electroencephalogram (EEG) to measure your brain’s electrical activity. If we have any reason to suspect your headaches could indicate a serious neurological condition or brain tumor, Dr. Spiegel will order CT or MRI scans. He will then study these tests thoroughly for well-documented brain activity patterns that could indicate an underlying physical problem has caused your migraines.
HBOT for Migraine Relief
If your headaches are vascular in nature, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy can bring fast pain relief –especially in the midst of an acute attack. HBOT floods your body with pure oxygen in order to reduce blood vessel swelling. Although the therapy won’t prevent headaches or reduce their frequency, many
patients who come in for HBOT treatment during the course of a migraine have found that it stops pain completely.
- Extending the Power of HBOT to Wounded Warriors
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Successfully Treating RSD Without Drugs Or Needles
- Healing Traumatic Brain Injuries with HBOT
- How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Naturally Helps The Healing Process
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments and Sudden Deafness
- Treating Age-Related Macular Degeneration In A Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
- What Happens When Wounds Don’t Heal Right?
- Reducing RSD Pain with HBOT Therapy
- HBOT for Hard-to-Heal Diabetic Wounds
- Searching For A Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Treatment Center Near You?